What differentiates CWHS from most development firms and consultants is our hands-on approach. We have all worked for and served on boards of local nonprofits. As such, we appreciate the time and resource challenges that are unique to the nonprofit sector and have designed our services accordingly. We often describe our relationship with clients as functioning as an off-site development department – providing the services outlined below to help nonprofits achieve their goals.
- Developing a thorough fundraising strategy designed around the specific nature and scope of the client's fundraising needs.
- Recruiting a strong group of community and business leaders as volunteers to serve on the Campaign Committee, and managing and supporting them throughout the campaign.
- Identifying and researching potential major donors (foundations, corporations, and individuals).
- Organizing and guiding the client through a series of exploratory meetings with selected potential contributors to determine the organization's present capacity to launch a major fundraising campaign.
- Preparing Executive Directors and volunteers to effectively present the organization and the campaign to prospective donors.
- Long range financial and program planning in conjunction with the client's board and staff.
- Clear, comprehensive, and effective writing (proposals, letters of inquiry, executive summaries, etc.).
- Participating in the design of a campaign publication and other materials that are part of an effective fundraising process.
- Coordinating all aspects of the fundraising campaign.
Additionally, we provide other services to our clients as needed or upon request, including board recruitment and board training (focused on development), and advice regarding ongoing program/operating support. We can also refer clients to other consultants or organizations to meet various needs (facility assessments, program assessments, organizational development, board development, program evaluations, graphic design, etc.).